Friday, August 28, 2009

My progress....

9/27/2009 The night before.. 173lbs

BMI 27.1 this is considered overweight.

I am hoping by the time I end my cleanse I will be at a normal weight and in less pain. :) I have gained 13lbs in the past month since coming off of my pain medications. This is am hoping to lose plus another 10. 150 is my ideal weight. So for being 5'7'' and weighing 150 lbs my BMI would be 23.5. Of course I do not think this cleanse will get me to my ideal weight but it is the beginning of a new healthy eating habits and a new mentality.

BMI Categories:

  • Underweight = <18.5
  • Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
  • Overweight = 25-29.9
  • Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

Here is a link where you can calculate your BMI...

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

Keep the following in mind:

BMI is a reliable indicator of total body fat, which is related to the risk of disease and death. The score is valid for both men and women but it does have some limits. The limits are:

  • It may overestimate body fat in athletes and others who have a muscular build.
  • It may underestimate body fat in older persons and others who have lost muscle mass.

No comments:

Post a Comment